Thursday 10 January 2008

Amy's Gone Blonde


THINGS looked brighter for AMY WINEHOUSE yesterday as she revealed a new blonde hair-do — under a headscarf that made her look like soap legend HILDA OGDEN.
The junkie singer had her trademark black beehive cut off and the remaining locks dyed peroxide.
And wrapped up in a scarf, 24-year-old Amy looked uncannily like Coronation Street cleaner Hilda, who was played by JEAN ALEXANDER.

The Rehab star unveiled her drastic new look as she admitted in a magazine: “I’m a terrible drunk.”
She continued: “Drinking long-term is a lot worse than doing heroin. Alcohol’s a real poison. I’m not a nice drunk. If I go to the gym and I have a drink, I’m lovely to be around.
“But if I haven’t been training or if there’s something bothering me, I’m a terrible drunk.”
Asked if her drinking gets her in trouble, she recalled: “I went to a restaurant recently and my friend was like, ‘Do you remember the last time we were here?
‘The head waiter carried you but you were trying to punch and kick us’.


Kanye Headline Glasto

KANYE WEST has landed the biggest slot of the summer festivals — headlining Glastonbury.
Well, who else could sandal-sporting ethical type MICHAEL EAVIS mean when he said: “I’m putting on a black American headliner who’s absolutely terrific.”
There is of course the small matter of JAY-Z and 50 CENT, but I can’t see their pimp credentials sitting so comfortably with the politically correct Somerset farmer.
AMY WINEHOUSE will also perform. Eavis said: “I really, really need her.”
It is a big year for Glastonbury. Last year was a complete washout with few show-stopping performances and some disastrous technical problems.
Here’s hoping the sun will be shining on Worthy Farm, Pilton, during this year’ s bash from June 27 to 29.


In Other News

A British Caver was left dangling over a 350m chasm for 7 hours after his abseiling rope frayed to a single thread, leaving him moments away from plunging to his death before rescuers arrived.

The Police have been announced as the dirtiest band on the planet in terms of their carbon foot-print.

2 new ITV prime time dramas start tonight with ‘Moving Wallpaper’ a drama which looks at the behind the scenes of the making of a soap opera, followed by ‘Echo Beach’, which is the soap opera featuring in ‘Moving Wallpaper’

Apple are to cut the prices of their tracks and albums on iTunes, after caving into European Commission pressure to bring British prices inline with the rest of Europe.
Clips

No comments: