Monday 17 March 2008

Yobs trashed house after DJ’s shout

The owner of £3million house is demanding an apology from Pete Tong and compensation after 2,000 gatecrashers trashed the property when he publicised a party on his radio show.
Rebecca Brooks is furious after the DJ put a 'shout out' on Radio One for a private 18th birthday party for daughter Sarah Ruscoe.
Hundreds of teenagers descended on the listed building, causing a 5km traffic tailback. They smashed windows, doors and paintings and caused damage outside.
Police eventually used dogs to force the uninvited revellers away from Colehayes Park. Mrs Brooks said: 'I was flabbergas­ted and astonished that the BBC could be so irresponsible.
'I was aghast at Pete Tong. This was supposed to be a party for my daughter's schoolfriends and it should not have been announced on Radio One.' She said of the damage: 'I can only liken it to a rock festival.'
The BBC said Tong did not specify the address of the venue of the party in Bovey Tracey, Devon, and that infor­mation about it was sent in by a listener to be one of his 'shout outs'.
The corporation added: 'He would never knowingly give an identifiable address for a private ­party.'


“I'll tear up your ticket for sex”

A TRAFFIC warden told a shocked woman he’d rip up her parking ticket — if she performed a sex act on him. He offered the vile “deal” after slapping the fine on Gemma Patten’s windscreen. Distraught Gemma, 22, got in her VW Polo and locked all the doors. She said: “I was disgusted. He’s clearly a sicko and shouldn’t be working in such a position of authority.”

Gemma was confronted by the warden, in his 40s, as she tried to pay at a meter at St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington, Central London. She asked for his help but he said it was too late and fined her. Gemma said: “I was angry that he hadn’t even bothered to listen to me and told him I was going to appeal. “I got in the car and he came to my window and said, “Well I wouldn’t mind swapping a bonus for a bonus’. “I said to him, ‘What do you mean?’ and he said, ‘You know what I mean. If you give me a b*** j** I’ll get rid of that ticket. It’s that simple’.
Student Gemma has phoned and written to Westminster City Council to complain about the warden. His ID was on the ticket so it’s not going to take a genius to track him down.


In other news…

* Suzanne Shaw was crowned Queen of the Ice after winning last night’s Dancing on Ice final. She is now set for a £1 million payday, earning £20,000 a week playing Roxie Hart in West End musical Chicago, and a £1/2 million contract with lingerie giant Ultimo.
* Duffy in no.1 in the top 40 for the fifth week running with Mercy, keeping Leona Lewis’s sport relief single ‘Better In Time’ away from the top spot as it debuted at no. 2.
* Rumour has it the BRIT awards are set to take place at the O2 arena next year moving from their seven year long residency at Earl’s Court.
* Halle Berry is said to be “doing great” after giving birth to a 7lb 4oz baby girl yesterday morning.
CLIPS
YouTube Awards...go vote! Voting closes March 19th

No comments: