Thursday 2 August 2007

Thursday, 2 August 2007

Spice Girls could hit Iraq

The girls have given fans the chance to vote for where they play next on their world tour. And a massive internet campaign could mean the Spice Girls end up performing in war-torn Iraq.

A spokesman told The Sun: 'The girls will go anywhere in the world that gets the most votes - be it Baghdad or Antarctica.'

I'm sure the girls could solve all of Iraq's problems with a gig, but I think I would prefer to see them singing on a melting iceberg in Antarctica.



Becks backlash

America seems to be turning on Beckham already... Angry 'soccer' fans hit out at Becks yesterday for failing to turn up at an LA Galaxy game after they paid double the normal price to see him.


One placard read: 'David, welcome to America - where people like you get paid to do nothing.' Lay off him, he's only getting paid $250m over five years.

The Americans better not get too bored of him, it seems we don't want him or Victoria back.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/keepthebeckhams/index.html








Keith: I'll live to 150



Keith Richards says he'd like to live to 150 despite his legendary rock 'n' roll lifestyle. The Rolling Stone, 63, who had a brain op last year after falling from a tree, is apparently in great shape. Doctors were amazed to tell him that his heart, liver and kidneys are all perfect.



Keith said: 'I still smoke like a fucking chimney. Get me some good weed.' He added: 'I've seen my Mum off. Snorted my Dad. I'm an orphan. Mind you, I'm looking to be a good 150 before I think about croaking.'



Good luck with that Keith.



In other news:

  • Despite being re-investigated over Stuart Lubbock's death Barrymore is considering going on I'm A Celebrity. Smart move I think.
  • Brad and Ange are said to be on the verge of splitting up after having a blazing row in which she threw a glass of wine over him.
  • Alongside that Jennifer Aniston is reportedly teaming up with Ange to end world poverty by 2025.
  • David Gest is a big fan of Amy Winehouse: ' I love that beehive she wears. I love her tattoos, I'd lick her toes.' He went on: 'I'm in love with Amy, I'd like to lick the inside of her hair - I'd probably find KFC stuck in it.'

Clip of the day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZup3JcZ6bY

An old one, but a good one. Celine Dion gets very emotional talking about Hurricane Katrina. Hold out for her song at the end.

No comments: